WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR EACH TURKEY:
- An empty toilet paper tube
- A small paper plate
- A small paper cup (Dixie cup)
- Paint – orange, black and brown
- Googly Eyes (available in craft stores/departments)
- Assorted colored construction paper
- Black markers
- Start by painting the toilet paper tube brown, the outside of the cup black, and the bottom of the plate orange. Allow to dry completely. Glue the toilet paper tube to the plate.
- To create the turkey’s Pilgrim hat, cut the bottom 1/2″ from the open end of the cup and discard. Cut a circle (2-inch diameter) from black construction paper and glue it to the open end of the cup. Glue the hat to the top of the turkey’s head.
- Embellish the turkey’s face by adding googly eyes and a construction paper beak and waddle.
- Cut feathers of different colors from construction paper. You’ll need about 8-12 feathers per turkey (depending on the size of the feathers).
- Have fun coming up with all of the things that you are thankful for! Print each idea on a feather.
- Attach the feathers to the turkey’s body by gluing the base of each feather to the back side of the painted paper plate