Bring a little magic into your home! This homemade magic wand is a fantastic addition to any costume and makes for great imaginative play. All you need are a few items from around the house, and you and your little magic maker can create a unique wand for all their hocus-pocus needs.
What you will need:
- Paper towel roll (one for each child)
- Crayons or markers
- Curling Ribbon (you can find some pre-curled for gifts with a sticky pad attached to the back)
- Packing tape
- Take some of the ribbon and wrap a few strands around the paper towel roll securing it on with a few staples at either end.
- Give each child a paper towel roll and crayons or markers. Tell them they are making magic wands and they need to be as colorful and crazy as possible.
- Once they are done coloring their wand, give them a selection of stickers to be placed all over the wand.
- Take a set of the curled ribbon with a sticky pad still on it and remove the backing. Place the sticky pad inside of the paper towel roll and press firmly down then secure it with a few staples. Fluff the ribbon a bit so it looks like sparks coming out of the wand.
- Take your packing tape and wrap the outside of the wand with it to secure the stickers and ribbons (the wand will last longer and you won’t have to pick up stickers everywhere).
- Enjoy your wand! These are great to make before playtime, as well as before reading the child’s favorite fairytale.